Reply To: Image2Gcode – Free Raster Image Laser Engraving Software – Modified for MPCNC

New Home Forum Software Development Image2Gcode – Free Raster Image Laser Engraving Software – Modified for MPCNC Reply To: Image2Gcode – Free Raster Image Laser Engraving Software – Modified for MPCNC

Bryan
Participant

Andrew,
I was still having issues viewing your video. I suggest you put it on YouTube so it’s accessible to more as well.

The feed rate override checkbox will enable the profile selection to override the current feed rate value in the gcode tab. It’s a little buggy right now and I need to fix it in the next update (if you already have a profile selected and then check feed rate override, it will not update the gcode tab)

In order to get a wider line, just slightly defocus your laser a little to get a larger spot size (I’m not sure if you are able to adjust the focus on your k40).

See if your y-axis rod has any scratches/dents on it. It could cause issues and sticking.

And lastly, the image2gcode software only has basic image editing. It will not be able to perform edge detection. I would suggest doing your photo editing in Inkscape before importing it to image2gcode.

I would suggest that you create a thread over in the subforum “Builds and Things Built” so you can show off your k40 conversion and other people can provide more specific help in regards to the k40.