Reply To: Image2Gcode – Free Raster Image Laser Engraving Software – Modified for MPCNC

New Home Forum Software Development Image2Gcode – Free Raster Image Laser Engraving Software – Modified for MPCNC Reply To: Image2Gcode – Free Raster Image Laser Engraving Software – Modified for MPCNC

Leo69
Participant

@Andrew: Can you give us more details about your laser driver? Are you sure that the input control signal is 5V TTL and not 12V or 3.3V? Also, I’m wondering why Piclaser didn’t work for you and img2gcode did. I looked back through the posts and both are producing basically the same gcode with the M03 and M05 commands driving the laser power. I personally don’t see much difference between one or the other but in your case PicLaser may be the better choice because the M03 “S” values are decimals while img2gcode uses whole numbers. Since your usable power range is so small (10min to 35max per your posts),you may benefit from the extra resolution that those decimal values will get you.

I haven’t had time to look at your firmware. I’m pretty busy with other projects and I’m sorry to say that yours is low priority as a solution wouldn’t benefit this community very much. As a wise, long-eared Vulcan would say, “The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.” 🙂 I’ll take a look at it when, if ever, I get some free time.