Reply To: Image2Gcode – Free Raster Image Laser Engraving Software – Modified for MPCNC

New Home Forum Software Development Image2Gcode – Free Raster Image Laser Engraving Software – Modified for MPCNC Reply To: Image2Gcode – Free Raster Image Laser Engraving Software – Modified for MPCNC

Noname007
Participant

I noticed some coding issues in my last test, apart from the ones mentioned above.
When setting the resolution to 0.12, 0.13, or 0.14 with a bigger engraving I got a lot of weird Y-axis moves before the actual job begins.
Like as if it is trying to engrave the first line vertically instead of horizontally.
There is also often a massive difference in filesize when going up or down just 0.01 for the resolution.
As if sometimes mostly lines instead of dots are used.

This last one made me think again about experimenting with the code to combine the movements and later to include the power settings into the movements as well.
On a simple calibration graph the time went down from 11minutes to just over 3minutes.
But for this to get the same result I had to increase the power levels manually to adjust for the higher movement speed.
The current way of generating the G1 moves blows the files up too much.
As long as there is no change in power all G1 commands before the last can be deleted to create a single line instead of dots.
Currently I have to set the resolution to 0.2 and the image DPI to 100 to be able to engrave a 23x17cm image, would be great to try that again in a much finer resolution 😉