3D Carving with frame built in

New Home Forum Things You Have Made 3D Carving with frame built in

Tagged: 

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Johnny Johnny 3 days, 8 hours ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ualdayan
    ualdayan
    Participant

I made some changes to my MPCNC, found what was causing me issues after a winter hibernation (belts had become much looser on one side than the other), upped my voltage from 12V to 24V, and upped my max Z speed to ~30mm/s.

In ~6-7 hours (6% stepover on 1/8″ inch ballnose bit) I turned this:

IMG_2209

Into this:

IMG_2212

Used a cheap 6mm bit (10 for $10) to rough, then a cheap 1/8″ ball nose (10 for $10) for finish pass.

• This topic was modified 3 weeks, 6 days ago by Profile photo of ualdayan ualdayan.
    • This topic was modified 3 weeks, 6 days ago by Profile photo of ualdayan ualdayan.
    2 users thanked author for this post.
    Profile photo of Barry
    Barry
    Participant

Nice!

Profile photo of Neil
    Neil
    Participant

That is beautiful!!! What software was used here. I would love to try this myself.
    Neil

Profile photo of Ryan
    Ryan
    Keymaster

Wow….That is nice! This needs to go into the gallery, Dang it I still need to make a gallery.

Profile photo of ualdayan
    ualdayan
    Participant

I used Vectric Aspire, but for just 3D models their Cut3D is cheaper. I made some money selling signs made out of Extira (and have been toying with making my own 16lb HDU – I bought the chemicals from USComposites, but was using it up too fast when I tried using it at 70 degrees. It says for best results to only use when outside temperature is 80+F since you have to have a lot of ventilation), so software/hardware becomes business expenses and easier to justify.

Profile photo of Barry
    Barry
    Participant
    Wow….That is nice! This needs to go into the gallery, Dang it I still need to make a gallery.

Slacker. 😉

Profile photo of Ryan
    Ryan
    Keymaster

Gotcha…..

Gallery

Boom, slacker nothing!

I just went through the things made thread. Now I need to keep digging to find other stuff, and suggestions are welcome.

Profile photo of Johnny
    Johnny
    Participant

Man that is awesome! Would love to be able to cut something like that once I get all setup.

Profile photo of Bill
    Bill
    Participant

What no MP3DP section! ;(

Profile photo of Johnny
    Johnny
    Participant

What is the size of this project? Hard to tell without something to scale it to. Still amazed by this and want to carve it once the machine is setup.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.