Bearings : ZZ vs 2RS

New Home Forum Mostly Printed CNC – MPCNC Advice – MPCNC Bearings : ZZ vs 2RS

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dui, ni shuo de dui Dui, ni shuo de dui 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Antonio
    Antonio
    Participant

Both the 608ZZ and 6082RS bearings should be a good choice for the MPCNC building.
    I have lot of ZZ bearings but I’m wondering if the 2RSs wouldn’t be better, because of the increased protection from dust and microparticles.

Did anyone built the MPCNC using metal shielded bearings (608ZZ)? Would that REALLY be a good choice for a milling machine?

Profile photo of Ryan
    Ryan
    Keymaster

I don’t understand the question. They are the same bearing, one just has more protection from milling debris.

Profile photo of Antonio
    Antonio
    Participant

Hi Vicious!

Since the ZZ shielding will not prevent small particles and dust to enter the bearing, how long will it take to stop the bearing from turning properly?
    I wonder if that extra protection will bring to a better long-term performance.

Profile photo of Bryan
    Bryan
    Participant

I reckon theyd jam up pretty quick. Its not much more expensive to just get the rubber sealed ones. I think I paid like 30 bucks for 100 of them.

If you don’t have dust collection, the standard bearing will clog up pretty quickly.
    Mine were already in pretty bad shape after just one month of (intensive) use without dust collection, in my tiny little shop without air circulation (a particularly horrible environment).
    So I strongly advise you to use shielded bearings if you can, and also to build a dust collection system ASAP

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.