- July 30, 2016 at 4:13 pm #15487
Muahaha… So I built mine temporarily out to 5×5 so I could cut a half sheet of wood. Then cut out the pieces for the mp3dp I’m slowly putting together.
Worked beautifully even without the middle piers. There is clearly some sag and you have to cut a bit deep to account for it.. But if you are just cutting parts out it seems just fine…
Now to print off the printed parts…
Attachments:July 30, 2016 at 4:31 pm #15491
does mounting it on the ceiling help with the sag?? 😉July 30, 2016 at 4:42 pm #15493
Don’t forget to invert the Z-Axis 🙂
Pls keep us updated about rigidity and vibration.July 30, 2016 at 5:01 pm #15498
It worked just fine. No real issues. Did a nice job with the cuts. It’s about 100f here today so I had a couple times where the z missed steps when drilling holes in the y plate. Probably means I need a better heat sink or fan on it.. But taking it slow and drilling holes as several different programs seemed to get through it ok..
I used a couple of old doors as the base. Instant torsion box…
And of course building it off the ceiling and reversing the gravity in the garage as per normal practice….;)July 30, 2016 at 6:10 pm #15499
Lithium grease is quite good and sticks well to the rod. Helped a lot on ZJuly 30, 2016 at 7:35 pm #15500
I bicycle a lot (4500 miles each year) so I used the same grease I use on the bike. Lasts forever and takes a beating. And… I have it already.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.