Compatible with RhinoCam?

New Home Forum Mostly Printed CNC – MPCNC Advice – MPCNC Compatible with RhinoCam?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Nathan Ickes 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Nathan Ickes
    Participant

So I have been using Estlcam for awhile now for 2 dimensional cuts/drawings. One of my college classes uses RhinoCam and i was wondering what the process would be to configure the MPCNC parameters to it so i can use that program. Is this possible at all?

Thanks!

Nate

Jeffeb3
    Participant

Wow, look at the price tag! They have a $10k version! I wonder what that has that the $600 version doesn’t.

It will probably work though, there nothing magical about the mpcnc gcode. I haven’t seen anyone on here using it though, so you won’t get much help. Maybe they can help you since it costs so much.

The school probably even gets it for free, so that students learn it, go to work somewhere and demand it, at $10k a pop. There’s no way it’s 200x more useful than EstlCAM. /Rant

Nathan Ickes
    Participant

They do give the students rhino at a discounted price. It’s just to make and engrave complex forms easier than most programs. I’ll try to contact them. I started here just to take a shot in the dark. Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.