I made this simple corner clamp as a quick test of my new updated machine, mostly to see if it was square and it was. I made it 125mm square with two obround pockets big enough for my clamp heads. I measured it at 124.7 x 124.9mm so I am happy with the accuracy. So far it’s a little off in the z dimension. It measures 91.7 degrees but I used 2mm depth of cut and cut at slow speed, need to try other options to see if I can get it better.
Here is the youtube video that gave me the idea:
There is a thing that attaches to the collet of the 660 to show off squareness in the Z. I think Ryan (Allted) made it.
Here it is. He calls it a perpendiculararity tester. I think it’s more of a peculiarity tester 😀
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.