- August 14, 2017 at 4:13 pm #41265
I wasn’t able to get started until this morning, and had to leave for the week before the first parts were even printed. 🙁 Oh well, next weekend will still be workable.
I have to find a donor table too, I might be able to do that on the way home Friday since I’ll be traveling through the big city and can peruse craigslist beforehand.August 17, 2017 at 7:50 pm #41694August 18, 2017 at 4:17 pm #41802
And they looked as good in person as in the listing. $50 for the pair and now I’m planning on two ZenXYs instead of 1. 😉 The first couple of parts are printing 3 hours to go.
Dang it, this new phone isn’t letting me rotate the picture right (or else I just am not getting it yet).
Attachments:August 18, 2017 at 5:36 pm #41818
That looks very similar to the table I used. Very nice!August 27, 2017 at 2:57 pm #42480August 27, 2017 at 3:18 pm #42490
Onward we go…
Into the end piece, note which hole
Back out and over to the other side
Around the idler, note again which
Around the next idler
Across the center. I ended up reversing the zip-tie
Back again to the side, but on a different idler
Then into the second idler at the corner
And out the other side
Attachments:August 27, 2017 at 3:30 pm #42500
And likely the last post with belt pictures.
Across the rollers
To the second motor, note that we start on top this side
Back to the next idler
Now it’s time to hook up
One end first
All tied together!
Over she goes and the bearing clicks into place
Attachments:August 28, 2017 at 5:23 am #42525
Great pics, Bill! Very helpful in visualizing everything, especially the belt routing. Thanks!August 28, 2017 at 8:35 pm #42617
I somehow thought the captions would be visible near the embedded images, but at least they’re shown at the thumbnails. It makes a lot more sense with them than without.September 10, 2017 at 8:00 pm #43628September 11, 2017 at 4:14 pm #43672
And it lives! Noisy as all get out though, sounds a bit like an air raid siren in miniature.
Attachments:September 11, 2017 at 4:22 pm #43677
Next steps involve the decorative border between the original table hole and the mechanisms limits, trimming and mounting the LED rope to fit that border (as you can see mine is three times too long), cleaning up the wiring and mounting a pullout ‘drawer’ for the display.
Eventually I want to control the LEDs from the Arduino (three MOSFETs and toggle it on in Marlin) and add Bluetooth to stream the gcode from Sandify to the Arduino.September 21, 2017 at 8:39 am #44343
It turns out if you put too much media down the ball can get lost during a session. I showed the symptoms above, but was able to verify that the issue was directly related to the depth of the baking soda. I printed a zen rake and used it to drag a bunch off to the side and patterns now complete without the skips. I’m using a half inch ball but haven’t tested to see how deep we can go without skipping. It’d be worthwhile to see just where the issue crops up, see how it differs with different sized balls, and see how much the magnet strength and distance affects it.
1 user thanked author for this post.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.