Digital Machinist / MachineKit

New Home Forum Updates Digital Machinist / MachineKit

This topic contains 15 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dui, ni shuo de dui Dui, ni shuo de dui 3 days, 8 hours ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Ryan
    Ryan
    Keymaster

I just found out There is an upcoming article in the summer edition of Digital Machinist http://www.digitalmachinist.net/, written by Thomas M. about MachineKit. He told me he is using the Mostly Printed CNC in the article. I am very excited to see it. Both the magazine and the software are new to me so I will update this post when I know more. Fingers crossed my little machine does well in this article!

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Profile photo of Jeffeb3
    Jeffeb3
    Participant

Cool. Congratulations!

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Profile photo of Ryan
    Ryan
    Keymaster

Editor just emailed, the magazines have just come off the press and he is mailing me a few copies….gotta send one to Mom right, what else will she show her friends.

Profile photo of Ryan
    Ryan
    Keymaster

Oh my goodness, I just got the magazine in the mail. There are absolutely no words for how I feel. I will post more info tomorrow but it is amazing to see it in print, and such nice words to go along with it.

Profile photo of Thomas M
    Thomas M
    Participant

I hope you mom likes the article. πŸ˜‰

Profile photo of Jeffeb3
    Jeffeb3
    Participant

Thanks for the reminder. Where’s the more info? I hope your not letting modesty get in the way.

Profile photo of Ryan
    Ryan
    Keymaster

On the homepage I put 2 pages out of 9 of the amazing article.

Mom mom cried….she’s a softy and she hasn’t read it yet. She’s beyond proud.

• This reply was modified 6 days, 2 hours ago by Profile photo of Ryan Ryan.
    2 users thanked author for this post.
    Profile photo of Jeffeb3
    Jeffeb3
    Participant

Oops, missed it. Congratulations again.

Profile photo of dkj4linux
    dkj4linux
    Participant

That’s really impressive, Ryan… it seems all the more “big-time” seeing it all in real paper print. Read those first two pages and am now hanging on the cliff… πŸ˜‰

Cheapskate I am, I’ve already “ordered” my sample copy — which of course will NOT be the one issue of immediate interest — and I’m inexplicably “waffling” now on a one-year subscription… unsure it will begin with the Summer’17 issue. Why I do this I’ll never know… I can easily spend the equivalent on a good meal, a roll of filament, or a round of golf at the local goat-track… but I’ll hem and haw around for days trying to make up my mind on something like this. I just need to do it and be done with it. Can anybody relate?

=8^O

• This reply was modified 5 days, 19 hours ago by Profile photo of dkj4linux dkj4linux.
    • This reply was modified 5 days, 19 hours ago by Profile photo of dkj4linux dkj4linux.
    Profile photo of Jeffeb3
    Jeffeb3
    Participant
    Can anybody relate?

+1!

I like to remember that recycling a magazine is easier than printing and subsequently throwing away 1kg of filament.

Even easier is the digital print version.

Profile photo of Jeffeb3
    Jeffeb3
    Participant

I’m at my local Barnes and Noble. They have digital machinist, but it’s the spring 2017 one not the summer 2017 one. Maybe the trial will be the right one. Or maybe they’ll get the summer version soon.

Profile photo of dkj4linux
    dkj4linux
    Participant

There! Got it out of my hair. Decided — after finding a fencepost that would listen to me [..thanks, Jeff ;)] — that they’d have to process my subscription sometime before the Fall’17 issue was out… so surely my subscription will start with the Summer’17 issue. Done.

I love it when I act so decisively.

Profile photo of Thomas M
    Thomas M
    Participant

FWIW..
    I have it on pretty good authority that George Bulliss the editor of Digital Machinist, Machinist Workshop and the Home Shop Machinist, is going to be at Tormach Techdays handing out copies https://tormachtechdays.com/ on Aug 4-5 in Madison, Wi (In case Barnes and Noble is sold out and you’re in the vicinity of Madison)

This event sounds pretty cool and the Tormach folks are great people as well.

Profile photo of Bill
    Bill
    Participant

OK, time for me to put an editor hat on… πŸ˜‰

“and and editor” should be “and an editor”
    “getting other started” should be “getting others started”

Profile photo of Ryan
    Ryan
    Keymaster

Thanks Bill, I squashed those bugs, brain farts, or whatever caused my lack of proofreading to manifest itself.

That’s awesome and well deserved, congratulations Ryan!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.