Dust Protection

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Barry 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

David Walling
    Participant

Just a friendly reminder to wear dust protection even with a dust collector.

Made the mistake of not wearing a mask two weeks ago while milling a bunch of particle board. I’m been coughing crud ever since. It’s getting better… slowly.

Jeffeb3
    Participant

Bummer. I have been working on the insulation in my attic, and I went up there for about 5 minutes without a mask, and I’ve had a sore throat for a few days. I have several crappy dust masks, and I never wear them, so I went ahead and bought this one:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/3M-Pro-Medium-Multi-Purpose-Respirator-with-Quick-Latch-65023QLHA1-C/206408988

It is much more comfy and it breathes really easy. I haven’t looked at replacement cartridges yet, I hope they have some that aren’t rated for all the chemical stuff, and are a bit cheaper.

Ryan
    Keymaster

I bought the other 3M one with the round filters. I love it, very comfortable I forget I am wearing it all the time, and I always use it now. Maybe if I had a large open space I would wear it less but I am in a small garage and usually have the door closed to keep the noise from pissing off the neighbors. Extremely worth the money. I agree everyone should be wearing these things.

David Walling
    Participant

Ryan
    Keymaster

I am not sure of the differences but this is the exact one I bought with the regular filters not the VOC. http://amzn.to/2t6oZ8x

Barry
    Participant

Man, you guys are giving me chem warfare practice flashbacks. Nothing like running around on the flightline wearing a full face gas mask and a head to toe charcoal suit when it’s in the upper 90’s in North Carolina. It made doing it again in Alaska almost fun.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.