Final outline deeper

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Ryan Ryan 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Zeenon
    Zeenon
    Participant

What would cause this? I’m printing 1mm deep with a total depth of 1mm using a .125″ (.3mm) endmill. The cut in either linear or parallel at 1mm is flat, but then the bit raises and lowers for the outline (at the end of the gcode), and cuts a hair deeper.

Z

Attachments:
    Profile photo of Ryan
    Ryan
    Keymaster

Sounds like you have 2 operations and one is set to the wrong depth?

It could be what vicious just said. Most likely.

Just another suggestion, last time I had that it was because my Z coupler was not well tightened. It just dropped down a little during the very last path. I had a hard time finding that…

Check also that your Z motor doesn’t miss step and that your Z axis rod can turn freely. It is more likely to stall during lifting, in which case it will go deeper and deeper.

Profile photo of Vincent Pollaro
    Vincent Pollaro
    Participant

I’ll second that. I was having issues exactly as you describe – The Z would end up going deeper that it should as the job progressed, due to missed steps on lifts. The solution, in my case, was to slow down the Z movements a bit and lubricate the threaded rob with some better grease. Since then it is spot on!

Profile photo of Ryan
    Ryan
    Keymaster

In that case make sure you are on the correct version of the software and have your z rapids set accordingly.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.