- May 15, 2016 at 4:03 am #12235
Is this the firmware that comes pre-loaded when you purchase the bundle? https://www.vicious1.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/B16_32_fullG-112515.zip
I need to make some changes to it, but want to make sure this is the original so I have a copy to revert back to if needed.
ThanksMay 15, 2016 at 7:35 am #12241
Yup that is the one.June 15, 2016 at 2:16 pm #13700
Hi, Ryan and friends. I am building my first MPCNC machine here in Brazil and almost everything in the software and electonics stuff are new for me. So I am doing very slow trying to understand and learn at same time. I need some help from you on the firmware from Marlin. I have downloaded the files you indicated in the site including the file above mentioned by RAGII. But my doubts are:
1. What are the exact parameters that I need to upload in the Arduino board knowing that I will use the machine to cut foam with niddle fly wheel. At this first attempt, I will not use the machine as a 3D printer.
2. Is the procedure just this? Just copy the parameters and save them on the Arduino board?
3. What are the first running tests I need to do?
4. Could you suggest some videos or posts in this forum that could help me?
Thanks a lot for your attention and support.
Silvio –June 15, 2016 at 2:32 pm #13701
1)If you upload that file to your arduino you do not have to change anything.
2)install the arduino saftware. Double click on my file, It will open arduino. Set the right board, Mega 2560, the right com port hit upload.
3)good test file, https://www.vicious1.com/estlcam-basics/
4)let me know if you need more help. This is all standard stuff google can also be useful, none of this is specific to the mpcnc except my preconfigured marlin.June 16, 2016 at 6:30 am #13712
Hi, keymaster. Excuse me but I have a couple of questions in addition to the prior post I sent you yesterday.
1. When I launch my Arduino I see the attached print screen info. Also the following parameters:
* About Marlin
* This firmware is a mashup between Sprinter and grbl.
* – https://github.com/kliment/Sprinter
* – https://github.com/simen/grbl/tree
* It has preliminary support for Matthew Roberts advance algorithm
* – http://reprap.org/pipermail/reprap-dev/2011-May/003323.html
/* All the implementation is done in *.cpp files to get better compatibility with avr-gcc without the Arduino IDE */
/* Use this file to help the Arduino IDE find which Arduino libraries are needed and to keep documentation on GCode */
#elif ENABLED(LCD_I2C_TYPE_MCP23017) || ENABLED(LCD_I2C_TYPE_MCP23008)
#include <U8glib.h> // library for graphics LCD by Oli Kraus (https://github.com/olikraus/U8glib_Arduino)
#include <LiquidCrystal.h> // library for character LCD
2. Just to confirm, is there some additional config that I need to have in my Arduino.
3. Sorry, but I am a rookie in this subject. I appreciate your help. Thank you very much
Attachments:June 16, 2016 at 7:47 am #13714
The firmware isn’t loaded correctly.
With arduino’s software closed double click on my .ino file that has the same name as the folder you unzipped. it should load a bunch of tabs in arduino, then flash. Like this video.June 16, 2016 at 8:13 am #13715
Hi, my friend. I think that now I am done. Could you check, please. See the attached print screen.
Attachments:June 16, 2016 at 8:58 am #13717
Seems good to go!June 16, 2016 at 9:05 am #13718
Thanks, buddy. I will test and let you know. Best regards from Brazil.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.