Fishtacos MP3DP.

This topic contains 290 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  Mmmfishtacos 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 21 posts - 271 through 291 (of 291 total)
  • Author

Jeffeb3
    Participant
    I like it. Probably as close as you’ll get with the purple. Though looking at my Inland branded pla, it’s a tad darker. Who knows how their version control is though.

I agree. I’ve definitely watched a lot of the old Batman TV show though (on Nick at night). The purple I have is darker too. I think it’s 3D solutions, or something, I can go check.

Mmmfishtacos
    Participant

I have enough of this purple left, it’s just it’s gone kind of bad and has been a pain to print with. So I stopped using it.

Barry
    Participant

Throw it in the oven at like 150F for a few hours. Probably just absorbed too much water from the air. Keep an eye on the spool though, I don’t know what kind of cheap ass plastic they use, but sometimes that’s hot enough to warp them.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Jeffeb3
    Participant
    Throw it in the oven at like 150F for a few hours. Probably just absorbed too much water from the air. Keep an eye on the spool though, I don’t know what kind of cheap ass plastic they use, but sometimes that’s hot enough to warp them.

While you’re at it, throw in some pepperoni pizza rolls. Even if the spool warps, you’ll be happy (but wait for them to cool down, you’ve been warned).

Mmmfishtacos
    Participant

All the stuff arrived today!

I wish my fablab wasnt down this week..

Mmmfishtacos
    Participant

Should I start a new thread for my new build? As this one has become pretty long. Sorry, I just dump all my stuff here.

I got the extruder assembled today. I just have to figure out how I want to mount it. Either I have to cut a few MM off the mount or flip it like in the photo shown. I’m not sure which would be better.

Jeffeb3
    Participant
    Should I start a new thread for my new build?

If you have some info that’s useful for others, I think it would help to keep it organized. I doubt anyone is going to come to the 10th page here to find info about this new printer, except the people who are already subscribed.

Mmmfishtacos
    Participant

Well i made some good progress on the build yesterday. Got the frame built and the power supply wired. One to the rest of the electronics tonight.

Mmmfishtacos
    Participant

So frustrated right now. Was Zipping right along, Got everything wired except the stepper motors. Went to do that. Found that 3 or the 5 cables have crushed wires or broken wires. Now I’m waiting on the seller to email me if he can send me new harnesses. IF not I’ll have to return them to amazon. Which means I’ll have to take them off and I’ll be down till mid week.

Maybe I should just start a return, and order new ones right now..

Ryan
    Keymaster

Oh bummer, amazon would probably recommend that. Just return it and get the process started in my opinion. Any time I try to deal with a vendor it takes a few days for each correspondence.

Mmmfishtacos
    Participant

Yeah, its probably best. I should have know to check it over when it came in bags instead of boxes. I could have saved my self some time.

Mmmfishtacos
    Participant

Got an email back from the vender asking for photo proof of the damaged wires. I would have just sent new ones of i had them no question asked. I already started the return and have new ones on the way.

Hey ryan, how many time to you revise a part? Im on my 5th one for a stupid spinner. I can imagine what you have to go through.

Ryan
    Keymaster

Yeah, I do revisions in stages, and at this point I have a good formula for all my offsets, thicknesses, tolerances, etc. But usually I print tons and tons of parts. Then I wait for the complaints and print some more. Sometimes it can be fun, sometimes it is torture.

Mmmfishtacos
    Participant

Is it possible to get the fusion files for the entire x assembly? I want to strech out the rails where an nema 17 will pass though it for the titian aero.

Ryan
    Keymaster

Not a big fan of giving out my CAD Files for a few reasons, sorry.

Mmmfishtacos
    Participant

Hey, its alright. I think i got it. I just need to figure out what to do with the belt grip now. Currently i didnt model it and planned on zip tieing both sides. But then id need a belt tensioner of some sort. Not sure i could get it tight enough with just zip ties.

Ryan
    Keymaster

Zip ties will do way more pressure than you need/want. Using the motor body should be fine, just do your best to keep the belt on the drive side with no angle.

Ralph
    Participant
    Well, here’s my ramps box finished, Now just to wire it up.

Hi

Where and how did you mount your ramps case…or did you even mount it on the mp3dp frame?

Mmmfishtacos
    Participant

Yeah, I mounted on the left side of the machine. I just kind of played around with it till figured away to mount it. It’s so the face of the board faces aft.

Dan
    Participant

Mmmmfishtacos, do you have a long term report on your printed bearings? I have been wanting to try this. What material did yo print them out of?

Mmmfishtacos
    Participant

I use them for about a week I think. I wouldn’t suggest printing bearings. Unless you want to print them out of nylon or the Igus material which I think is about $80 for a half a kilogram. Honestly I just stick with the normal linear bearings. 

Viewing 21 posts - 271 through 291 (of 291 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.