Forstener bit mount

New Home Forum Random or Off Topic Forstener bit mount

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Jeffeb3 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Jeffeb3
    Participant

I didn’t use my CNC machine 🙁 but I am happy with the results.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/kzUMp1zFhH3l1ZlU2

2 users thanked author for this post.

Johnny
    Participant

Looks great Jeff. Like the setup you got there.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Barry
    Participant

Looks good, but no diagonals?

Jeffeb3
    Participant
    Looks good, but no diagonals?

Once the box is installed, the frame stays square.

Barry
    Participant

I’m more thinking under the frame support.

Jeffeb3
    Participant

The box sits in a rabbet, so the frame can’t twist once the box is installed. You can’t see in the pictures, but the back of the pieces that are rabbeted are screwed into the rear board from the sides, with two screws each, so they will keep the box from tipping down.

Man, this is hard to describe when there are no labels for anything and no directions. The front won’t move side to side because of the rabbets, and the box. The front won’t tip down or up because of the two screws into the back board. If I’m still not getting it, please help me. 🙂

I think the weakest point is that the front support is there to hold the two side pieces from spreading out, and letting the box through the hole. They are just held in place with glue, with just 1/4″ or so of side grain. But I don’t plan on hitting it with any hammers, and the bits are well protected if it does fall, I just might break the box they came in.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.