Getting Started

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Simon Clarke 6 days, 23 hours ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Simon Clarke
    Participant

I think I have everything I need except the printed parts which are now being printed.  Re-using the steppers from my 1st 3d printer.  I also have a smoothieboard and a 5th gen rep-rap controller, but I’m hoping the smoothie works out since I have to assemble the rep-rap board if I want to use it.  Got the drag knife and wiring kit from the vicious1 shop.  Next I think I’ll be cutting the conduit, but I have to decide on a size first.  😀  Definitely leaning toward the recommended end of the size scale though.

2017-09-07-19.28.49

Ryan
    Keymaster

Everyone says that. Do yourself a favor and start small, it will only cost you a few dollars in conduit to make it larger. Cam is not simple and the larger the machine the harder it is.

Kevin Lopez
    Participant

Heeyy, bolt depot. That is where I get all my fasteners. Build small, then large. You can probably even cut the belt to the max sizes build you plan on having later on, but just tying it shorter and having it hang. Don’t recommend rebelting, it can take quite a while to get just right.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.