Having issues with frmware flashing

New Home Forum Mostly Printed CNC – MPCNC Troubleshooting – MPCNC Having issues with frmware flashing

Tagged: 

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jesse Jesse 1 week, 5 days ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jesse
    Jesse
    Participant

I have not done a tone of flashing before..hehehe… I cant get the Arduino IDE to find the Mega 2560 I bought from the store. I just did the Z threaded rod replacement and was told to use the new firmware…I can do everything BUT get the port to unshade…What did I miss?

Profile photo of Ryan
    Ryan
    Keymaster

mac or pc, id pc what version of windows?

Did you load the arduino drivers that come with the program?

If pc, win8 or better, and you loaded the driver, you might have a bad board.

Profile photo of Jesse
    Jesse
    Participant

Its a PC Win 10…I loaded followed the link on the firmware page…Was I supposed to have to load the drivers manually?

Profile photo of Ryan
    Ryan
    Keymaster

I don’t understand what that means.

When you install the arduino IDE it asks if you want to allow it to install driver, you need to hit yes. The rest is show step by step on my firmware page.

I just had 3 bad boards out of five, litterally just now. The import ramps quality is getting worse. I might have to switch to the rambo’s permanently.

Profile photo of Jesse
    Jesse
    Participant

Ryan, I used the installer. Ill try reloading and see if I skipped a step but it does seem like the IDE knows the board is there…see the bottom of the pic…Arduino 2560 on COM3

Attachments:
    Profile photo of Jesse
    Jesse
    Participant

So during the reinstall I did notice one of the check marks was USB Driver. It was checked. Im pretty sure it was before…I shall see.

Profile photo of Jesse
    Jesse
    Participant

No difference. Also should I have 2 lights on the board on? Or one? I have 2.

Profile photo of Jesse
    Jesse
    Participant

Im starting to think its not JUST me. The online IDE also can not connect…

Profile photo of Jeffeb3
    Jeffeb3
    Participant

The online IDE also uses the USB driver, but it still could be the arduino.

Was this arduino working before you tried to flash it? i.e. is this a brand new one? The bottom of the window shows it’s connected on COM3, is that right? Does COM3 go away when you unplug it? I haven’t used windows in like 10 years, but there used to be a device manager to determine such things.

Profile photo of Ryan
    Ryan
    Keymaster

Heffe, that info at the bottom of the picture is the default. Or the last options selected depending if you have used it or not. If I start my Arduino is says rambo com115 with nothing connected.

Profile photo of Jesse
    Jesse
    Participant

It was the board…pulled the other one I ordered from you from the 3d printer I was building with it and it registered immediately…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.