Heat bed thermistor mounting

New Home Forum Mostly Printed CNC – MPCNC Advice – MPCNC Heat bed thermistor mounting

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of KronBjorn KronBjorn 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Ralph
    Ralph
    Participant

Hi

What the best way to mount the thermistor onto an aluminum heat bed? It’s an MK3 3D Printer Heated Bed – 3mm Aluminium PCB Heatbed – 12v & 24v – Alu Rep Rap. Here’s the link … http://www.ebay.ca/itm/221821924577

Thanks R.

Profile photo of vicious1
    vicious1
    Keymaster

kapton tape in the center

Profile photo of Ralph
    Ralph
    Participant

Thanks, got it ordered. With the MK3 3D Printer Heated Bed my assumption is that I don’t need glass and I would print directly on the bed itself. Is that correct? I also read that you would print on the aluminum side and NOT the black. Is that correct as well?

Forgive me but I’m new to 3d printers, and I’m finding conflicting answers to these questions on google

Thanks R.

Profile photo of Barry
    Barry
    Participant

I don’t think that’s a good idea. I’ve seen prints stick to glass beds hard enough to pull chunks out. Wouldn’t want to pull the traces off your heat bed!

Profile photo of Ralph
    Ralph
    Participant

Thanks, so your saying I should clamp glass to the head bed? If so what type of glass (i.e. is there a special kind, thickness…etc)?

Profile photo of Barry
    Barry
    Participant

Mine is borosilicate, about an eighth inch thick.

Profile photo of KronBjorn
    KronBjorn
    Participant

I just cut a piece of 4mm mirror.

And I attached the thermistor with some epoxy. Remember to also glue down the wire, so you do not stress the thin wires on the thermistor when the bed moves.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.