Inkscape file to ESTLCAM

New Home Forum Mostly Printed CNC – MPCNC Troubleshooting – MPCNC Inkscape file to ESTLCAM

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jason Jason 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of RAGII
    RAGII
    Participant

I have successfully imported a few Inkscape files into ESTLCAM but am having trouble with the one I have attached here. My goal is to carve a sign with this design. It was easy to create in Inkscape which is why I chose that route, but when I open the file (native .svg file) it does not show any of the objects.

Edit:
    ESTLCAM version 8.505
    Inkscape version 0.91

Performed an Object to Path command and got the 3rd attachment. Getting closer.

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

I am running the latest version of Estlcam and was able to import the SVG file.

Attachments:
    Profile photo of Bradley F
    Bradley F
    Participant

I generally do object or bitmap to path, and do the edge option. after that I just do ‘save as’ -> dxf and select the scale.

Profile photo of Jason
    Jason
    Participant

I had one this weekend that things opened scaled all wrong in estlcam. Half the file opened at one scale the other half at another. But I exported it as DXF instead and then it opened just fine in estlcam.

I still need to try the new version…I downloaded it but haven’t finished configuring it and setting up my tools yet. Looks nice though!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.