Is the free rotary tool worth the extra time?

New Home Forum Mostly Printed CNC – MPCNC Troubleshooting – MPCNC Is the free rotary tool worth the extra time?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  John 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

John
    Participant

After hearing I needed a rotary tool someone was nice enough to give me one but now I’m having trouble creating a mounting bracket for it. I’ve tried a few versions but nothing’s work well. I have one last trick of using Thermo plastic as a gasket to hold it tightly in place but I’m also starting to think I should just buy the DeWalt tool and use the bracket that’s shady already out there since it will save be fine and sell the free tool.

Any ideas on suggestions of how to solve this problem?

Ryan
    Keymaster

What is the tool, there isn’t a mount on thingiverse? I thought there was at least one for each of the most popular tools.

John
    Participant

The tool I was given isn’t popular by any means. In fact it is so old that Sears doesn’t sell/make a 1/4 collet for it anymore. The lack of 1/4 collet is another reason I’m considering selling it and using the money to buy the dewalt rotary tool.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.