LCD display

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of MIck MIck 2 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of MIck
    MIck
    Participant

Issue: 2 bars on LCD screen

Detail:I am using window PC. I bought the Ramps 1.4 kit and LCD form vicious1.
    I flashed it with MPCNC511_GLCD, changed the single line of code in the firmware configuration.h. and added u8glib for Arduino.

From this
    //#define REPRAP_DISCOUNT_FULL_GRAPHIC_SMART_CONTROLLER
    To
    #define REPRAP_DISCOUNT_FULL_GRAPHIC_SMART_CONTRO

I have attached the front and back view of the LCD and how it connected to Ramps. I have tired turning the contrast and switching cables but they wont work. No error during flashing. Is there anything I missed ?

Thank you

Attachments:
    Profile photo of Barry
    Barry
    Participant

Can you post pictures of the cables connected to the lcd? There have been a couple that had the connectors soldered to the board incorrectly.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Profile photo of MIck
    MIck
    Participant

There are the photos. There is a problem on uploading picture.Sorry about that. Thanks

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 3 days ago by Profile photo of MIck MIck.
    Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

I don’t think that is the full graphic LCD, but just the smart controller. I think you need to uncomment REPRAP_DISCOUNT_SMART_CONTROLLER for that one.

Profile photo of MIck
    MIck
    Participant

Thank you, Mike and Barry. It is a low-level mistake. Now it works great.

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

No worries! I’m a newb myself, in the process of printing parts, but have made it through testing of ramps, lcd and steppers, so I knew just barely enough to comment.

Profile photo of MIck
    MIck
    Participant

LOL. It took me two days to get it working. I guess kind of long…… I mostly learn from try and error.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.