Loss Step

This topic contains 28 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ManuCNC ManuCNC 3 months ago.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ManuCNC
    ManuCNC
    Participant

Hello everyone today I finally mounted a serious tool _ Makita! πŸ™‚

Now I can finally set up well for the mpcnc, in first I have two questions to ask you about the loss of steps.

How to configure and control the use ESTLCAM machine directly, even to pilot it and the steps per mm I have them setup as for a classic printer ..correct? (example x160 y160 z5120 – on pololu 8825)

Second, I have a loss of steps, blame the attribute to vref of drivers too low, you want the ramps to the completely set?
    The loss of steps the meeting only in the x and y sometimes while z is obviously impeccable.

I await your kind help;)

Profile photo of Ryan
    Ryan
    Keymaster

While you are learning it is best to stick with my recommended software/firmware.

There is a lot to learn best to not complicate in more than necessary.

Profile photo of ManuCNC
    ManuCNC
    Participant

you’re right Ryan before I had indeed Marlin but I wanted to try … but given these initial difficulties reloading tonight fw and your end …. shame though because I repetier host not like πŸ™‚

Profile photo of Ryan
    Ryan
    Keymaster

You don’t have to use repetier, you can use pronterface, matter control, the lcd screen. Lots of options.

I really just thinks its best you learn on the most common firmware so everyone can help, I can’t help with estlcam firmware issues at all.

Profile photo of ManuCNC
    ManuCNC
    Participant

Meanwhile, thanks for the help Ryan. ISPs now to resume the classic fw and so look to solve more easily. unfortunately my English is so bad it’s hard sometimes to explain to me and make me understand LOL

I believe that the losses of steps and that millimeter that reduces me pezzo..invece that 50mm is 49 .. is due to accelerations and frantic movement. in addition to vref that are now 0.66 on each axis

Profile photo of ManuCNC
    ManuCNC
    Participant

Awesome!
    I admit my ignorance … I did not know of the existence of matter control!
    It looks really nice ….

However, the suggestion of the full graphic display tempts me a lot ..

Profile photo of ManuCNC
    ManuCNC
    Participant

Why ??
    I can not compile the fw without display with bars of 8mm preconfigured …

`In file included from C:\Users\MANUEL\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_759677\sketch\SdFile.h:27:0,

from C:\Users\MANUEL\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_759677\sketch\cardreader.h:8,

from C:\Users\MANUEL\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_759677\sketch\Marlin_main.cpp:44:

SdBaseFile.h:38: error: using typedef-name ‘fpos_t’ after ‘struct’

struct fpos_t {

^

In file included from C:\Users\MANUEL\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_759677\sketch\Marlin.h:10:0,

from C:\Users\MANUEL\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_759677\sketch\Marlin_main.cpp:30:

c:\program files (x86)\arduino\hardware\tools\avr\avr\include\stdio.h:950:33: note: ‘fpos_t’ has a previous declaration here

__extension__ typedef long long fpos_t;

^

Uso la libreria LiquidCrystal alla versione 1.0.5 nella cartella: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\LiquidCrystal
    exit status 1
    using typedef-name ‘fpos_t’ after ‘struct’

Profile photo of Ryan
    Ryan
    Keymaster

That firmware does not work with the new arduino IDE. You have to sets the steps of a newer firmware or use an older version of arduino.

Profile photo of ManuCNC
    ManuCNC
    Participant

I confirm that the pre compiled versions are already tested and are those who advise me to use? drain immediately an old version of Arduino

Thanks Ryan

Manuel

Profile photo of Ryan
    Ryan
    Keymaster

The best choice would be to take my RC7 and update the z axis stepps per mm. If that makes you nervous just use an oleder version of the arduino IDE to flash my other version of the firmware.

As soon RC8 stabalizes a bit I will update all versions of the firmware. There are a lot of nice new features and tweaks but they are updating it at a fast pace so it would be a waste for me now every time I get done testing there are new updates and it starts again.

Profile photo of ManuCNC
    ManuCNC
    Participant

no no change the fw is not a problem. I do rather have a base of already tested acceleration and speed because they are things that until now I have struggled to find the right ones. step per mm know them 160,160,5120 memory;)

Now I have the last ide then load RC7 can compile in the IDE without problems or errors

Profile photo of ManuCNC
    ManuCNC
    Participant

@vicious1
    I can use the tablet to send the code to be executed?

obviously connected with OTG

Profile photo of Ryan
    Ryan
    Keymaster

I think arduino works on most operating systems. If arduino runs on it it should work.

Profile photo of ManuCNC
    ManuCNC
    Participant

I would then look for a gcoder sender on Android …
    Now I try to see what else is on the network

Profile photo of Ryan
    Ryan
    Keymaster

Gcode? Gcode is for operating the machine, arduino is if programming the Ramps firmware.

I’m not sure what we are talking about now.

Profile photo of ManuCNC
    ManuCNC
    Participant

It is we have not understood sorry.. with Arduino load the FW on the ramps and is ok. the tablet was wondering if you can be an alternative to those you have given me to control the cnc (lcd, matter control etc ….)

Profile photo of Ryan
    Ryan
    Keymaster

For For android, I’m sorry I do not know. I have not looked into that in a long time.

I do not think it is a good Idea, I’m pretty sure android would always want to go into a low power mode and probably stop sending gcode.

Profile photo of ManuCNC
    ManuCNC
    Participant

Then use the “classic way” -> laptop! πŸ™‚

Profile photo of Barry
    Barry
    Participant

Mattercontrol has a tablet they use for this. I have one, it’s not very good. It will crap out in the middle of larger prints.

Profile photo of ManuCNC
    ManuCNC
    Participant

I found 2 apps that seem to be an alternative to Matter.
    3D Print Fox and GcodePrintr …. you know them?

Profile photo of Barry
    Barry
    Participant

Nope, after the mattercontrol tablet, and various octopi, I just use real laptops with real operating systems.

Profile photo of ManuCNC
    ManuCNC
    Participant

affixed to a laptop is the best choice … I’ll print a bracket and put him alongside and fine πŸ™‚
    Thanks for your suggestions.

Today I make the cut test with RC7 fw

Profile photo of ManuCNC
    ManuCNC
    Participant

Testing complete.

The firmware works well and the steps are correct … the only problem is that I still lose steps …

I will try to increase the vref over 0.70 to see if that resolves

Profile photo of Ryan
    Ryan
    Keymaster

What speeds are you using for moves and for rapids?

What software, and what version of that software.

Profile photo of ManuCNC
    ManuCNC
    Participant

Right now, just to try it in a short time I set both Estlcam that RepetierHost as your guide here on the forum ..
    Same values, all in mm minute and the cutting speed is 10mm (which is also little to the plywood panel that’m cutting …)

Profile photo of Ryan
    Ryan
    Keymaster

What version of estlcam what actual speeds are you using for movements and for rapids. Does it skips steps when it is not cutting using the same gcode?

Profile photo of ManuCNC
    ManuCNC
    Participant

It loses steps in both tests I did (50mm diameter circle, and square 50x50mm)
    Soon the screen instead of the last values that I tried as settaggi..perchè then I modified them to figure out what was wrong ..

Using the latest beta version of Estlcam

Profile photo of Ryan
    Ryan
    Keymaster
    Profile photo of ManuCNC
    ManuCNC
    Participant

hi Ryan, I did more tests and it seems that does not lose steps if Estlcam put speed as 1000 instead of 2000 in the section hi speed xy. But lauch cut size 50×50 = 49x49mm … so the steps or for some reason are less or the tip is 2mm in diameter as they claim on the package (China) πŸ™‚

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.