Maker Faire NYC

New Home Forum Random or Off Topic Maker Faire NYC

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ryan 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Steve
    Participant

Just got back from the Maker Faire NYC, Wow was it hot, 97f in the tents. This is my second faire, I was also at number 1. Things have changed some. I did notice fewer maker products. The first faire I attended, there were five or more competing 3d printers. This time I only saw Prusa. As far as Lasers, only saw Epilog, Glowforge, and Dremel. For CNC only ShopBot and Shaper, maybe Dremel (didn’t stop to look).
    So what I guess I’m saying is the faire seemed to go from “build these tools and make cool things” to “buy our tools to make cool things”. The first faire had a tent with vendors where you could buy small kits, parts, manuals, and some tools (wire strippers, soldering irons). This time T-shirts and hoodies.

I think a MPCNC or Low Rider would have drawn a crowd….

Ryan
    Keymaster

Dam. That was kinda my feeling about it. The bay area one was all about startups with no real product to sell. Just doing market tests. The cnc control board i saw just launched on kickstarter.

I loved the mrrf, i don’t think maker faire is for me.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.