Maze Patterns

New Home Forum ZenXY Software – ZenXY Maze Patterns

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  karltinsly 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

geodave
    Participant

I don’t think anyone has mentioned doing maze patterns with the sand table.  Seems like this could work, but the ball would have to retrace its steps quite a bit.  Might be interesting to watch.  The following online maze generator will create the walls of the maze or the path in pdf or svg.  I have used this to create a cutting pattern in wood.

http://www.mazegenerator.net/

Jeffeb3
    Participant

That is very neat software. All the parts are connected, but they are not in only one line. So you’d need to manage it by traveling to a dead end, then retrotraversing to the previous T until you had done the whole maze. But even then, there is one path through the maze that would separate the two halves. There might also be islands in the middle somewhere.

I have been thinking about maybe putting handles on the stepper motors. It would be pretty cool to see what the motors are doing. But then, you could have it finish a maze, and have someone try to etch-a-sketch their way through the maze. Or you could wire up a joystick to control it too.

Jeffeb3
    Participant

A lot of these patterns are neat for line art as well. Making mazes with a pen would be very easy with this tool.

karltinsly
    Participant

I think the maze pattern would look very cool in sand. As Jeff mentioned, you couldn’t draw it correctly if it isn’t all one line, but it might still look cool if the islands were connected here and there, as long as the travel moves were horizontal and vertical.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.