Motor extruder stuttering even without filament

New Home Forum Mostly Printed CNC – MPCNC Troubleshooting – MPCNC Motor extruder stuttering even without filament

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Sneakyman Sneakyman 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Sneakyman
    Sneakyman
    Participant

Hello I bought the ramps here but the extruder not. I have everything working correctly but now the extruder is the problem. There is not coming any filament out. I have opened the extruder and tried several things with and without filament and saw that the motor is stuttering/ jammed/ clogging. Even if i pull it completely open so that nothing is hitting anything the motor still stays on the same spot and moves left to right: nothing more.

However, if i say in repetier to pull out 100 filament everything works fine! But the test file that you gave the motor is stuttering/ clogging again. Am I missing something?

So:
    – checked everything and everything is working if I put code in to extrude 100 filament (repetier)
    – If i put test file from: https://www.vicious1.com/import-extruder/ then the motor doesnt move/ starts stuttering/ clogging.
    – If i output 100 on repetier then it outputs +- 3 mm. Maybe this is the problem? But i don’t see anywhere that i need to calibrate it.

Before i brake anything editing software: Hope you can help me 🙂

Profile photo of Kevin Lopez
    Kevin Lopez
    Participant

Did you adjust the vref on the drivers? Should be half the rated current if the stepper. When I first started, mine was way too high and I overheated everything and the prints got all weird looking.

Sneakyman
    Participant

I think it is, since i bought the board with RV8825 drivers from this website. And the output is working fine if i only use the motor with 100 extrude, but when i put the test file on it’s clogging/ stuttering and most of the time it won’t even output anything. U can still push the filament through though. X, Y an Z are working perfectly too.

Tried to make a video today, but it’s not the lightest place. Try to make a video again tomorrow. Hope u guys can help me fix it, can’t see what I’m missing.

Profile photo of Kevin Lopez
    Kevin Lopez
    Participant

Double check the vref with a multimeter. I bought the board here but the mk8 somewhere else, and the default vref is way too high. Mine is at .85 but default is like 1.6v. If u made sure, then check your slicer settings.

Sneakyman
    Participant

I think your right, tried to turn the screw as described in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JazIrPXGPo
    Still need to install the headbed, everything is curling. But first waiting for someone that has a multimeter and can help me with this 🙂 (0 knowledge about that stuff)Slicer settings and other setttings are correct.

Thanks in advance, and if it’s still not working after that then you hear it from me

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.