MPCNC has the Jitters

This topic contains 32 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Roger 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author

Kyle
    Participant

the Allied conduit i bought at the homedepot has all these lines in it I tired to look at images of your machine to see if yours has the same but I cant tell.

RAGII
    Participant

My conduit looked the same when I first built it (common look after the plating process) and I took some fine sandpaper (~400 grit) and lightly sanded all of the rails. The other thing to check is making sure you do not have a bearing riding on a conduit seam. I had one stick that had a somewhat pronounced seam so I made sure I rotated that away from a bearing surface.

I have not fully run mine after making the inner rail stay parallel to the outer rail on my Y axis. I nicked the wiring harness and it cut at least mostly through the green wire. I was hoping to try a repair on it today but my schedule did not allow. It will now be a week before I can get to it again.

I did find that I needed the belts “tight” to reduce the shaking as well.

Roger
    Participant

I see that this is old but one way that I eliminated some jittering was by slowing down the stepper speeds.

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.