New build in TN started.

New Home Forum LowRider Your Builds – LowRider New build in TN started.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 125 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Ryan 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 126 total)
  • Author

Russ Heffner
    Participant

Ryan, Anymore thoughts about the LCD screen not lighting up? See previous post.

Ryan
    Keymaster

Take your cables off turn them around, the ends are different. Plug them in exactly like mine are.
    Your pictures are too close and only show one end at a time so I have no way of knowing if you plugged it in correct.

Of the 4 ways you can plug it in, 2 of them will give you zero results, 1 will dimly light it up, the other works.

Russ Heffner
    Participant

The ribbon cable will not rotate 180 degrees to face the way shown in the pic. Look at my pick 1 there is a tab that protrudes on the black plastic that will not allow me to rotate 180,

Look on pic 2 there is a slot for the ribbon cable with tab to slide into.

If these pics are not ok let me know and I will send another.

Russh

Ryan
    Keymaster

The other end of the cable should be the opposite direction.

Ryan
    Keymaster

It doesn’t actually matter, I switched the wiring to show you.

IMG_20170818_100058

Russ Heffner
    Participant

Connected as shown. LCD still not powered up.

I have the white wire from the power supply to – red wire to + fyi

Could we have a blown fuse on the Rambo?

Russ Heffner
    Participant

Each way I try the screen is dark No dim light nothing.

Russh

Jeffeb3
    Participant

Are there LEDs on the board lighting up?

Can you confirm the polarity of the power input with a voltmeter?

Russ Heffner
    Participant

Jeffeb3,

No LED’s light up on the Rambo.

I do not have a way to check polarity but I can tell you the red wire from the inverter is in the positive side of the Rambo and the white is in the – if that helps?

Ryan
    Keymaster

Can you show a picture with everything plugged in so we can check all your wiring. I have never had a bad rambo board, and never had an LCD not light up.

Jeffeb3
    Participant

I don’t trust wire colors, especially if they are not black and red. The dude creating that cable might not have had their coffee that morning, or they found a good deal on white cable that week. There’s no good reason for them to color code them inside the PSU.

Russ Heffner
    Participant

pics of ribbon cables and wires to Rambo

Ryan
    Keymaster

Is the light on the power supply? Does the computer recognize it with the usb? The board was tested and flashed and powered up before shipping so I am looking at everything else. The USB is separate from the fused side so it should still work but you can swap the two 5V fuses just in case.

Ryan
    Keymaster

You can also pull the fuses out and hold them up to a light and it will be obvious if they are blown.

Russ Heffner
    Participant

The fuses are good

Jeffeb3
    Participant

Notice in this pic:

1) the location of the pink wires in the ribbon cable. They are swapped on your Rambo from mine.

2) the green led on the board.

IMG_20170818_171823

Russ Heffner
    Participant

Noted that is how I originally had them but Ryan and I swapped them around to see if it made a difference

Could the polarity of the incoming power cause this problem?

Russ Heffner
    Participant

Will it hurt anything if Inswap the 2 power wires going into the Rambo board?

Russ Heffner
    Participant

I went out and bought a multimeter and checked the voltage from the power supply there is no power. I believe its a bad power supply.

Thoughts?

Jeffeb3
    Participant

It’s either that, or you don’t know how to use a meter 🙂

What kind of power supply is it? One of those black laptop ones? Is there an led on the brick? Is the power cable coming into the brick in all the way?

Russ Heffner
    Participant

The problem is the power supply.

Ryan, Do you want me to send this one back for credit?

Russh

Russ Heffner
    Participant

Jeff, No LED on the power supply it is toast.

Jeffeb3
    Participant

I never doubted your ability to use a multimeter.

Russ Heffner
    Participant

It was touch and go there for a few minutes LOL

Ryan
    Keymaster

The power cord is good? I’m packing up a box, but since you have a meter now can you make sure the cord is good, before it gets to the PS.

Russ Heffner
    Participant

Power issue solved the new AC adapter works great.

I do have another question I am using Reperior for the initial testing to run the X Y and Z motors. But the X and Y direction will move only about 400mm then they stop. Anyone know the reason for this?

Also is there an instruction manual for the LCD screen?

Ryan
    Keymaster

Repetier has a bed size built in you will probably need to change that or just use the LCD.

What do you need to know about the LCD, you should be able to push the button and the menu pops up?

Russ Heffner
    Participant

Great thanks Ryan

RussH

Russ Heffner
    Participant

I am looking for the specs for Kyrocera bits I need them to load the information into the tool list in Estlcam. I went on there website and was not able to find the specs. Can someone shed some light on this please.

RussH

Ryan
    Keymaster

What specs, and what bit.

1/8″ if you bought it from me, and 45 degree if you are asking about the bit. That is all you should need. feeds speed and depth are all dependent on your job type and material. If you watch some of my videos all the specs are listed to give you an idea.

Please do test cuts in foam not wood.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 126 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.