Older files for MPCNC parts

New Home Forum Mostly Printed CNC – MPCNC Troubleshooting – MPCNC Older files for MPCNC parts

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ryan 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Rand
    Participant

I need to replace a few Parts from the older build about a year ago. Does anyone have the link for the parts files? I have a cracked motor mount.
    Thank you

Barry
    Participant

I didn’t know there were older parts for the printer?

Ryan
    Keymaster

Moved it to MPCNC.

Rand what parts do you need? I really can’t put them all up here, but I can do a few.

Rand
    Participant

Ryan,
    I need the file for the motor mount with 7 bearings for the conduit rail. Do you still have a copy of the older list? I would like to get a copy to replace parts if they fail over the years.
    Thanks
    Rand

Attachments:

Ryan
    Keymaster

I think these are what you are looking for.
    https://www.youmagine.com/designs/mostly-printed-cnc

Rand
    Participant

Barry,
    The ones I purchased over a year ago are very different then the files that are there now. The motor mount also looks different and combines two parts.

Rand
    Participant

Fantastic Ryan – these are exactly what I wanted. As usual you had it at your fingertips. Thank you.
    Is this a different site for storing projects or public domain? I will download a set so I can replace parts without bothering you…. for curiosity – why was my post sent to MPCNC? I am using it as a 3D printer. Is this the wrong forum?

Ryan
    Keymaster

I don’t plan on getting rid of the youmagine files, it is a thingiverse competitor, but the traffic is very low there and the editing is too hard so I just use thingiverse.

Even though you are printing it is still with the mpcnc, I have a printer design as well, the milled printed 3D printer or MP3DP.

Rand
    Participant

Ryan,
    I have been printing 20mm test cubes to work on learning cause and effect of temp and flow settings. My finish has detoriated over the past weeks and don’t know where to start. The biggest problem I have recently is the test cube prints slanted left to right. I have checked for squareness and the Z axis. What’s odd is if I swap the X and Y stepper wires and run samples both ways I get the exact same slant. I would assume this rules out the software but I can’t find anything mechanical. What would a weak driver look like?

Attachments:

Rand
    Participant

Other images

Ryan
    Keymaster

A bad stepper would cause very clear stair steps.

That seems like a non perpendicular z axis. Try a carpenter’s square or something on the table and rotate it around the z tubes as much as possible. I would guess it is tilted. Meaning a tension imbalance between the top and bottom mount bearings for that axis.

When you get that figured out I would test prints with something a bit bigger, small prints kind of have other issues that larger normal sized prints don’t.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.