Photo Engrave

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jeffeb3 Jeffeb3 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Kris
    Kris
    Participant

I am trying to gather information on what is all needed in order to do a photo engraving. I have looked at PhotoVCarve but not sure if that is the only option.

Wife’s friends 13 year old daughter passed away unexpectedly and I want to make a memorial plaque for the family.

Profile photo of Jeffeb3
    Jeffeb3
    Participant

Sorry to hear that. That’s terrible news.

w.r.t. your question, I looked at that PhotoVCarve, and that doesn’t look any different than the EstlCAM’s feature. You can open a jpeg in estlcam and it will do something similar to that, driving a deeper/wider hole with a V-bit where the image is darker. I think the difficult part would be the finishing, because you’d want to make the holes darker than the surface.

I haven’t done that personally, but I have seen it done here. I thought it was @Barry that did it, but I can’t find it anymore. It was a large print that they hung in their living room. IIRC, it really came alive with the finish on it.

Also, since it’s using a VBit, it will be very sensitive to errors in Z. Did you get yours in better shape since the signs you made?

I hope that helps.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.