Plasma Build

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  sempul 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Truk
    Participant

I built a MPCNC plasma cutter. It went together really well and if I did run into a problem the forums had a solution. I built it for a class in school for genius hour.

Here is a video of it running.

Thank you for designing the CNC.

Ryan
    Keymaster

Dude, High five!

You need to give us some details, super stoked to see this and I have been itching to build one myself.

Kris
    Participant

Yes… I would like to know more about how your plasma cutter and how your triggering it.

Rand
    Participant

I want to set up my MPCNC to run a 2D pattern from a sketch I would draw. Doll house parts. Can any one suggest a simple drawing program, a program to create the g code, and how to use repetier to run my MPCNC. How do I disconnect the temperature requirements for the extruded? How do I change the code to control the router off and
    on? Do I reload this to the Arduino? Will the 3D aspects of the software make it difficult?
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Rand

Jeffeb3
    Participant

@Rand, check out the vicious1 tutorials. If that’s​ not enough info, maybe make a topic of your own.

Truk
    Participant

I used Estlcam
    go to setup at the top
    CNC Programs/Texts/Laser,plasma,water jet etc.
    Start Cut
    M106 (Close relay on D9)
    g4 s0.7
    End Cut
    M107 Open relais on D9
    I used 12V dc coil relay on D9 to switch torch.

Amazon link
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017LB4AZ6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Why am I the only loser who cannot make it work?….

I really need to give it a try again… XD

sempul
    Participant

what files did you use for the printed parts?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.