Recommendations for quick attach mounts

New Home Forum Mostly Printed CNC – MPCNC Advice – MPCNC Recommendations for quick attach mounts

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  buurin 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Dan
    Participant

I am going to buy an extruder for my mpcnc from this site. I was hoping to make some quick attach mounts to make swapping heads easier. I might add a laser in the future. Any recommendations on this. I am using a dewalt router.

Ryan
    Keymaster

Swapping tools with my mounts only takes a few screws, if you glue the nuts in the mount it only takes a minute or two to swap. I feel these mounts are the most rigid. There are some others out there but how much time do you really need to save and sacrifice rigidity?

Dan
    Participant

Makes sense. What kind of glue do you use?

Ryan
    Keymaster

Hot glue or super glue, you just don’t want to be able to push them out.

buurin
    Participant

I like the Hicwic system:
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1234989

Just slides in and out, with option to bolt it down with 4 screws. I could also make a bench mount (there may even be a design on thingiverse already) compatible with it to fix the tool sideways, and not necessarily on the MPCNC.

Yeah it seems a bit loose with a homebrew Dremel mount in there, haven’t tried something as heavy as Makita or bolt the thing down. Probably still have to print a 525 universal mount. Adding a 525->Hicwic adapter would make the tool stick out too much.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.