Rings

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Barry 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Nate
    Participant

My partner and I are eloping over the eclipse… hmmmm… I forgot the rings!

Fire up the MPCNC!

IMG_20170818_233327
    IMG_20170818_231811
    IMG_20170819_111829

Now we can weather the blotting out of the sun/coming apocalypse in style.

Cheers!

Nate

Ryan
    Keymaster

DUDE!!! That is sick, what a cool idea and the rings…..some of the best I have seen!

Adding them to the gallery.

Jeffeb3
    Participant

Cool. If your partner likes the idea of wooden CNC rings, they are a keeper!

Nate
    Participant

Thanks guys, we had a great time and she’s very supportive of all my endeavors, even impromptu rings!

The idea going forward is I’ll make a few iterations of progressive complexity, these will just be place holders.

I think the next ones will be cut from ply I’ll make of gold film, mahogany and some other complimentary wood. Would a two part epoxy coat like what is used on cedar strip canoes be appropriate?

Jeffeb3
    Participant
    Would a two part epoxy coat like what is used on cedar strip canoes be appropriate?

I don’t know, but I would guess it’s overkill.

Barry
    Participant

Just oil them.  The epoxy will look like crap on the non-wood parts.  Use cutting board oil, it’s nontoxic, so won’t hurt your fingers.  Would suck to end up like my grandpa.  He was missing his ring finger.  That’s partially why I still don’t wear my wedding ring.  The other part is we bought our rings when I was 20 and she was 18, so you know, expansion….

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.