Solidworks student edition

New Home Forum Software Development Solidworks student edition

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike Mike 1 day, 5 hours ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Dan
    Dan
    Participant

Does anyone use solidworks student edition? I get this free with my EAA membership. I was curious if anyone knew it’s limitations or could compare it to fusion 360.

Profile photo of Ryan
    Ryan
    Keymaster

That is a very tough question. They will both do most anything you need. I am very confident solidworks is more robust for design/engineering , but fusion is at least 10 times cheaper on a yearly basis and has a lot more functionality built in.

Profile photo of David Walling
    David Walling
    Participant

Autodesk Inventor has a free student edition as well.

I’ve always had more luck with Autodesk products than Solidworks.

Profile photo of Mmmfishtacos
    Mmmfishtacos
    Participant

Fusion is free to anyone making under a 100k using their software.

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant
    Does anyone use solidworks student edition? I get this free with my EAA membership. I was curious if anyone knew it’s limitations or could compare it to fusion 360.

Hey! Another EAA member here. Just another data point for you. I have used AutoCAD for Civil/Surveying for 26 years and I started doing solid modeling in Inventor about 4 years ago. I have transitioned over to SolidWorks now after it was made available through the EAA program, used some excellent video tutorials on youtube by vertanux1 and Tim Callinan and haven’t looked back since. I have, as of late, begun to look at Fusion360 as well due to its integrated production capabilities, but I have really enjoyed using SolidWorks.

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.