spool holder

New Home Forum Things You Have Made spool holder

This topic contains 14 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Bill 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

New spool holder cuted on MPCNC

IMG_1030
    IMG_1031

Jeffeb3
    Participant

Cool. Do you have a pic of the parts separate? I want to make something sort of similar. I’m not sure how to mount it to the wall.

Noop this is what I have. this to rings are fasten on back with 2 screws and glue in slot. its generally pretty simple

IMG_1029-1
    IMG_1034

1 user thanked author for this post.

This was not plan to be to pretty is just in my makerspace/hommancave/workshop

Darrell
    Participant

Looks pretty to me. Putting this on my to do list also, will get all these spools off my desk.

Pipe used is 25mm

geodave
    Participant

Here is a spool shelf design I did that uses 3/4″ EMT, plastic parts & inexpensive metal shelf brackets.  Works nicely and out of the way above the doorway in my room.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2085647

David Walling
    Participant

That’s a nice shelf idea. I’ll have to try that one.

Jeffeb3
    Participant

I borrowed your mounts and made a hanger for my table saw fence.

IMG_20170927_170132

Thats freaking awesome Jeffeb !!!!

Jeffeb3
    Participant

I wanted to hang it right side up, because I always leave my tape measure and pencil on top.

I really need to clean off that bench though…

Also, that is the clearance home Depot blue pine boards I’m using for the tool wall. So far, so good. It’s taking a really long time to get things hung up though.

You getting there Its important to make small steps evryday you manage QuickEr then you Think

Barry
    Participant

That’s the nice thing with having osb walls.  Screw holes don’t really show.  If I don’t like where a tool holder was mounted I can move it without having to fill holes to keep it looking nice.

Also, I use these screws to mount stuff to the walls.  They’re pan head, so no countersinking needed.  They make them for wood and metal self tappers.  I think they look better than sheetrock screws too.

Ryan
    Keymaster

I have those exact sames screws, then my buddy came by and told me about the GRK brand he uses on decks. I am in love, so many sizes and head types (flush, hidden, washer), the part I really like is most of them have the smooth part to keep things tight as heck.

Bill
    Participant

I used those GRK when remounting the rafter brackets (not sure if that’s the right name) on my house last year. The brackets use 4×6 lumber (1920 vintage, so full 4″x6″) so I needed something that could go through 4″, then two layers of cedar and another of ship-lap, then into a 4×4 frame member. They made them big enough and with a torx head so I could drive them with a battery powered screwdriver (did I say these were for the dormer roofs on the second story? Didn’t want to have a cord pulling down).

20160404_104702

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.