Strange friction on X/Y axis

New Home Forum Mostly Printed CNC – MPCNC Troubleshooting – MPCNC Strange friction on X/Y axis

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Tomer 11 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Tomer
    Participant

I just finished assembling my machine (didn’t even run a test print).
    When moving the axis I sometimes get a lot of friction and a buzzing noise a result,
    BUT this is happening only when I move it in “medium” speed.
    If I go really fast or really slow everything goes smoothly.

Some details:
    – Didn’t run a test print yet, but doesn’t seem like steps are being missed (eye only though)
    – Machine is just on the floor right now (not anchored to anything) [Probably “helping” with the noise, but shouldn’t affect friction on the conduit]
    – 25.4 conduit with self 3D printed part (original)
    – Used the kit from the site

I’m probably going to try and play a bit with tension on the nuts and the belts, but if anyone has ideas I would appreciate it.

Ryan
    Keymaster

You need to mount it. It really makes things much easier. Follow the instructions when doing so to keep thing as square as possible.

Tomer
    Participant

I can’t mount it right now, I don’t have a table/platform yet 🙁
    I did make sure to keep everything square, maybe something is not prefect I will check it tomorrow.
    Although, I’m using stainless steel and its very hard to bend even if I want to

Tomer
    Participant

So it seems that the problem is with the belts, or at least, if I remove them the chattering is gone.
    Question is, did I tightened them too hard or not hard enough?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.