- March 12, 2017 at 5:55 pm #29291
Here’s a 30 second video. I was able to
1) recompile Marlin (RC7_MPCNC_LCD_9916) to support XYZ Max axis. By default, only the MINs are supported.
2) Added Z touch plate. This is off by .05mm or so depending on how off center you are. But it’s mostly 20mm and good enough for what I need to do : https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UNXXZAG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
3) Added mechanical end-stop switches: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00G2E6UZC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
4) Disabled LCD in the FW since I don’t use LCDs (for now).
I used Vectric’s Cut2D (very powerful and easy to use) for CAD/CAM function. And Repetier Host for the printing. The post processor is from this forum: Using Marlin Post-Processor from here: https://www.vicious1.com/forum/topic/aspire-post-processor/#post-26571
YouTube Video: http://bit.ly/mpcnc1
I’m still just starting out, but if anyone has a question, don’t hesitate to ask.
HansangMarch 12, 2017 at 9:14 pm #29303
I used an online maze generator to make a complex maze as an SVG, then printed it with my pen mount with the largest sized paper I had handy. A nice torture test for the hardware. Try something less complex than this one. 🙂
- This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by Bill.
Attachments:March 13, 2017 at 11:46 am #29350
Ah, that’s a good torture test! Thanks for the idea
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.