Updated Center Parts

New Home Forum Updates Updated Center Parts

This topic contains 318 replies, has 33 voices, and was last updated by  John 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 241 through 270 (of 319 total)
  • Author

Zack
    Participant

Any idea when you will be releasing the 1 inch (25.4mm) version?

Ryan
    Keymaster

Ahhhh, slow your roll a bit. I am still finishing the center update documentation and chasing down all the pages that need updating.

I have the 25.4 corners, center, and Zaxis still need the rollers and feet, the feet can wait Someone made a parametric of my foot so we can use that for now. I have another project I need to get to , then I will start the new rollers. When thoe are done I will release the 25.4.

Sorry for the delay but as the community grows the time I spend on the keyboard does as well. I think I will have my hands full for the next week at least just answering questions.

Jason
    Participant

Did anyone have the Camaro rigidity mode prior to printing the new center?
    If so how does the new center compare to the Camaro mod?

Walter
    Participant

I had the original with camaro rigid upgrade. the original design never really fit for me. the pipes were always too tight. i haven’t had a chance to pull apart the machine I have now to install the latest upgrade, but from what I’ve found, the parts are a much better fit and super rigid. this design has gone through a couple of redesigns, and I was(am) testing out the part that came before this. it wasn’t necessarily successful rigidity wise, but it led to what he’s got out now. and even that build is a better fit for the pipe I can get locally. He’s changed the design of the z parts as well, making them more stucturally rigid by moving everything closer the center of the axis’. by aligning instead of offsetting the bearings of the z support there is little chance of the z tower getting off plumb from over tightening one bolt. and he’s moved the tool in closer to the lead screw. its truly a masterpiece. like I said I haven’t used the final revision parts yet, mainly because I’m getting such good results from the beta build, which does have one significant flaw that brings in potential z axis wobble, but he’s totally gotten around that by relocating the X and y axis bearings in the new parts. i really want to install these parts but I have a bunch of stuff queued up to print right now that I have to get through before I can take it back offline.

Jason
    Participant

Nice. I have the camaro mod on mine as well and yes the the pipes were quite tight originally. I took some 220 grit sanding paper and gave them a good sanding and polished them up with some silicon spray lube. Glides pretty nice now. I am still working on getting my ramps and everything setup so it has all been hand based movement.
    I think I will have to bite the bullet and upgrade to this new version as my build is 5′ x 5′ and the most rigidity possible will be necessary. Thanks for your input.

Walter
    Participant

You can look back at some of my earlier posts and see the print quality the original version was able to produce. the pics I have posted lately show the quality of the parts I’m getting now from the machine and like I said my parts lack about 70% of the rigidity of the new parts.

Jason
    Participant

My printer will be humming for the next couple days

Barry
    Participant

Sweet! 13mm part works with my coupler!!

David Anderson
    Participant

Unfortunately will be traveling too much in next month. Cannot wait to get back and printout the new center!!

John
    Participant

will the new z fit in the old center? I might print the new Z/tool mount now if it will fit. Its going to be a bit before I print the entire new center gantry though.

Walter
    Participant

Looks like your coupler is waaay too tall

Walter
    Participant

John that’s a negatory, good buddy

Ryan
    Keymaster

@Barry Woods So many jokes, so many. Trying to keep it family friendly and you are not making it easy.

Ryan
    Keymaster

@John, Nope it is very different the z and middle are a matched set.

Arthur Padget
    Participant

Two questions, Do you still have the assembly instructions for the old parts? I just got done printing them. I hear that the pineapple coupler is a big improvement. Will the Pineapple work with the old parts?

Ryan
    Keymaster

Assembly instructions are still there. https://www.vicious1.com/assembly/

The pineapple couple will not fit.

Curt
    Participant

Do you have the assembly instructions for the new middle done yet? I started printing an XY last night.

Ryan
    Keymaster

@Curt I have to run out and grab some PLA (lagging shipment is screwing up my prints) When I get back I will start. I should have them up today. It takes a little while to get the right sequence of assembly. I usually have to assemble it a few times to get the pics right.

Sorry for the delay, I was answering emails for at least 5 hours yesterday and got a little burnt out so I took the evening off.

Barry
    Participant

Damn kid friendly forums!!

I did cut down that adapter, it’s now in the router, and works wonderfully. Please make a note in the build instructions, to make sure that bolt goes in from the top!! I had mine in from the bottom, which I didn’t notice since I built the new middle away from the rest of the machine then just stuck it in. Had to pull it half way apart to remove the bolt.

Ryan
    Keymaster

Okay the emails are nonstop. Everyone seems to be confused as to what will fit.

I think the easiest way is just to rename it on thingiverse, any suggestions, V2 seems kind a weak sauce. MPCNC2, MPCNCV2, “Melvin CNC”, best bang for your buck cnc (bbfycnc), MPCNC 2000, I hate naming things but I hate answering the same email 1000 times as well.

Melvin CNC seems to be my fav, any suggestions? I will rename it on thingiverse this evening.

I am almost done with the assembly instructions, as I answer emails in between steps.

Henry
    Participant

While I haven’t been part of this community long I think tacking V2, mk2, gen2, etc to the end of MPCNC is still the better way to go. It makes it findable when searching for MPCNC and yet distinguishes it as a different model.

I think some of the confusion and excess questions might have been avoided if on the new version pages there was a link to an “Upgrade From V1 to V2 FAQ” that detailed what parts/sections that are still compatible. What additional hardware that is needed. And any other question that you find yourself answering over and over again.

God knows lots of users don’t read documentation, but a quick faq that you update as you get common questions may go a long way to helping people and saving you time. At the very least your email responses might be able to be shortened to “Question answered in FAQ” with a link. A little less personal but your only one man.

Ryan
    Keymaster

Thanks Henry,

What about “MPCNC Melvin” like a code name “melvin mpcnc”, For some reason I just really dislike V2, ect. Mostly because this is a continually evolving machine. The corners were first and went very smooth, but I still have the rollers left to update so there will be another name needed. V2 seems like it should be a whole new design, which this really isn’t. I do have a V2 in mind ….

I do see your point though, I would like to keep things as easily searchable as possible.

Ryan
    Keymaster

“mpcnc 525”?

Henry
    Participant

That does seem reasonable. Being from a software background I definitely get the continually evolving bit. It is a bit harder with physical parts and customers that might be attempting to upgrade from any given past version to current. I would say you have the right idea of changing one section at a time.

I look forward to the new rollers for the future. Your new corners fit great even made with a pretty sketchy printer. The current roller locks came out way too tight. I’ve got some sanding to do this weekend to hopefully rescue them.

Walter
    Participant

It’s not instructions but I just put this together and took pics. i have to take my old z apart this weekend and when I put it back together I’ll take some more.

Walter
    Participant

Jason
    Participant

Very nice. I will be ready for disassembly and reassembly tomorrow. Last XYZ printing right now, then on to the Z mounts.

Ryan
    Keymaster

DavesMODs on thingiverse had a great idea for those of you that might want to add the anti-backlash back into the zaxis. He suggested swapping the lower spacer part with another nut lock and adding a nut and spring in there. Great idea if any of you notice play in your z axis. I might be able to make a part just for it.

Franz Maier
    Participant

SSZS (Super Simple Z Stiffner)

I improved the stiffness of the old center Z-Axis assambly with a very very simple device and would like to share it. I bolted on for small aluminium plates, which touch the IE_Middle_Z_rigid_v2 and holds it against the Z-Condiut during stress.

Nevertheless, I am looking forward to the updated IE center parts.

Franz Maier
    Participant

SSZS

Viewing 30 posts - 241 through 270 (of 319 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.