Updated Corner Parts

New Home Forum Updates Updated Corner Parts

Tagged: 

This topic contains 79 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  nerdyrcdriver 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 80 total)
  • Author

Ryan
    Keymaster

Starting this thread to keep things a bit more organized. Moving the new updated parts out of the version 2 thread.

Corner Assembly
    So This part should not be this hard to make. I have made so many versions of the corner it is embarrassing, way harder than the whole center assembly. This was updated to help make a more square machine. The old one, if flexed, could be out of square with no way to adjust it. This is a take on the totem styles out there.
    Not as sexy as the last design but this thing works so well. You barely have to put any tension on the screws to completely lock the conduit in place. So before you go all gorilla on the screws please don’t. No glue needed, but it couldn’t hurt as long as you use a screw as well.

View post on imgur.com

Total 92.35g PLA @ 55% infill, 3 perimeters 2 bottom 3 top
    old one “corner #2” weighs in at 102g

time
    2 of each – top 2:06
    2 of each – bottom 2:35
    2 of each – lock 1.28
    4 of these – spacer ? :15

Each corner looks to be about 2:20 faster to print

23.5mm “C”-Files —–I will put them on thingiverse soon.

Dave Gun
    Participant

Nice!! Does the blue part in the center float? This new part will save some time and plastic over the old design.

Dave

Ryan
    Keymaster

Yup a floater.

I am printing a set now and am keeping track of print times. It looks like we will lose about 3mm in the work area over the corner block 2, bummer. But it works so much better it is worth it.

I also finally ran the new middle, seems pretty good, but we’ll get to that soon…

geodave
    Participant

That looks like a nice solid design. 3mm seems like a very small price to pay for a better part.

Ryan
    Keymaster

Thanks.

Looks like you lose 2.5mm on the x but gain 2.5mm on the y…wash…

Seems to work great I’ll put up the stl’s in a bit.

tmelvin
    Participant

Is there much of a weight difference?

Ryan
    Keymaster

total 92.35g 55%infill 3 perimeters 2 bottom 3 top
    old one #2 weighs in at 102g

time
    top 2:06
    bottom 2:35
    lock 1.28
    spacer ? :15

each corner looks to be about 2:20 faster to print

Walter
    Participant

ok so when can i print one er 4?

Ryan
    Keymaster

If you have a 23.5mm machine I have linked the files up above, as soon as someone confirms the part I will make the other versions and put it on thingiverse.

Walter
    Participant

whats the difference between the regular file and the M files?

EDIT: nvmd they are mirrored…

Ryan
    Keymaster

The right way letters go together and the mirrored letters together. The only way I could think to keep them organized, and differentiate between sizes, different letters.

Walter
    Participant

And it begins…

Attachments:

Ryan
    Keymaster

Sweet, can’t wait for a second opinion, thanks for being the first brave soul.

Walter
    Participant

np. its a good test for my mpcnc. I like the idea of a better calibrated machine. its just filament anyway, and im keeping a large family of chinese filament makers well fed….

Barry
    Participant

Nice! I can’t print that many parts at the same time with my printer.

Walter
    Participant

So… im using a capacitive level sensor for a z end stop. I usually keep my nozzle a little high, because I still don’t trust the printer I built, and I usually manually bring down the nozzle right before printing. I forgot to do that part tonight, so it’s back to start. but I do have some thin examples of the fit I’m getting on my conduit.

And a couple mini millennium falcons

Kevin
    Participant

Looks like a nice corner, I hadn’t finished printing the cornerblock2 so I’m going to try this.

Barry
    Participant

Getting there! Used up the last of my free black pla that I got at MRRF. Back to the purple pla. Going to have to make a trip to microcenter this weekend. Almost out of filament!

Ryan
    Keymaster

Do either of you two ever print in ABS (I don’t and I hate it, really)? I have 3 rolls sitting here 1 I opened last week and 2 are brand new dark blue. Yours if you want to pay for shipping?

I placed a bad order in a hurry and returning them isn’t really an option.

Let me know if you want 1 or all of em, 2 might fit in a med flat rate 3 in the large.

Walter
    Participant

Gotta do something about the acceleration settings on my MPCNC. i don’t know when you started printing yours but I know damn well that when I left the house this morning I had at least 3-5 more hours to go. and that would have been the same time you posted here.

Walter
    Participant

What u want for it. i never got around to printing with abs since my printrbot does such a good job with pla. I’d like to see how it prints.

Ryan
    Keymaster

$13.45 gets you 2 rolls I think. $18 gets all 3 if they fit in the box.

Ryan
    Keymaster

$13.45 gets you 2 rolls I think. $18 gets all 3 if they fit in the box.

Walter
    Participant

Deal

Barry
    Participant

The black parts took about 5 hours to print. The purple ones took 3ish. I’ve also completed the spacer parts and am printing the last parts now. If you want to see my Rostock printing…
    http://barrysnetwk.duckdns.org:8080/
    Click on control, should get the webcam window there. Not printing with octoprint at the moment, but I leave it running for the webcam!

Walter
    Participant

One day I’ll build me a delta printer…. Nice setup you got there. im sure my lengthy print could be reduced if I could print without rafts. I was only able to print 2 corners at once but they took 15 hours. but at least they’ll be complete enough to test out once I get back home

Barry
    Participant

TaaDaa! Now I just have to install them. For some reason I’m having issues with overhangs. Might be printing too fast.

Barry
    Participant

Parts fit really well!

But PLA is horrible…

Probably going to pick up some more petg this weekend, or tomorrow, since the job I’m doing is halfway there.

Walter
    Participant

Well aside from me printing too hot, I got one decent corner printed in 19 hours. but it’s square. I pulled out 50mm from each direction and then measured between each and got no deflection whatsoever. perfect 90 on the first try. I’m gonna go back to the printrbot for the next run, which should speed up per part time and give me a better print overall. I think it might be a good idea to also reprint the spacer at 100 percent infill to reduce the chance of it getting squashed and shrinking overtime. maybe even upscale the spacer and print it in semi-flex.

Barry
    Participant

Wow! Your parts printed much better than mine!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 80 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.