Vac Hose

New Home Forum LowRider Advice – LowRider Vac Hose

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Barry 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Jeffeb3
    Participant

The DeWalt’s dust show takes a 1 1/4″ hose. Are there good sources for it? I bought one from lowes for $20/8 feet, but it has about 2 feet as a rigid tube, and that’s the side that fits in the dust shoe. I can make it work, but I’d rather something more flexible, cheaper, and maybe closer to 15′ long.

Jim Hildebrandt
    Participant

Pool vacuum hose is pretty cheap at Home Depot. It’s 1 1/4″ and it comes in 18 to 50 foot lengths for about $1.25 a foot.
    http://www.homedepot.com/p/Haviland-18-ft-x-1-1-4-in-Vacuum-Hose-for-Above-Ground-Pools-NA101/204052144
    You might have to have it shipped to your store.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Barry
    Participant

How’s it do with air though? If the inside isn’t smooth-ish, your neighbor dogs will not like you. Though, neither will your neighbors! It will howl like a banshee.

Jeffeb3
    Participant

What did you use @Barry?

Jeffeb3
    Participant

“Available for pick up April 11”, or “We’ll ship it to you, expected April 10, free shipping on orders over $45”.

This is 2017, why is buying something online from home depot (not exactly a mom and pop shop) so freakin’ hard? Over a week to get it to a store, and then I have to go in to pick it up?!? /rant

Barry
    Participant

Jeffeb3
    Participant

I almost bought that one. Nice that it’s in stock locally. The 8′ one is being unruly.

Barry
    Participant

Both my hoses are suspended above the routers, so I needed the extra length. The crane arm I’m using for my lowrider I built from a bunch of scrap parts. Piece of 2X8 for the base, a 2X4 for the body, scrap piece of plywood for the arm and a couple hinges. It can swing 180deg to the arm, so it can reach the whole table. The base is just lag bolted to the floor. It is one good thing about having 1 inch thick wood floors, even if most of the boards are cupped like a canoe!
    https://goo.gl/photos/pnUfHsXCkRpptX6S8

Neil
    Participant

Barry I just had to say, your lowrider is sexy!
    Neil

Barry
    Participant

Thanks! Now that it’s warming up I need to pull it apart and paint the wood.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.