WoodMill

New Home Forum Random or Off Topic WoodMill

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Bill 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

They say that winter will be long and cold so I think I will find some space in my mancave for that machine. Just need to finish designs. And I can start building. Like always lets try to make It cheap.MjolnirMK1

Attachments:

Ryan
    Keymaster

Interesting…Looks cool so far.

Interesting…Looks cool so far.

Hope you are not mad;D that I modify and reuse some of MPCNC

MjolnirMK1-2

what is good size milling for that type of machine ?

200x300mm? or more

Attachments:

Ryan
    Keymaster

Not at all, If you look up some of the older parts there are ones that use less bearings and would be better suited for that. djk4linux uses them in a lot of his projects.

How are you going to make the X axis, Stacked?

Not at all, If you look up some of the older parts there are ones that use less bearings and would be better suited for that. djk4linux uses them in a lot of his projects. How are you going to make the X axis, Stacked?

Yeap stacked I have space on top so probably I will move head more up to get some Z movement. and I will try to lower Y carriage so I will get some sort of pan under just in case if it will start to be really dirty machine. I don’t think so that bearings are problem they are so cheap if you compare them to so other solution. just don’t know yet how to solve head of Z it need to be very sturdy because it will be a lot of force going in each direction. For print machine in that destine is 550×580

and work plane about 200×300.

Bill
    Participant

Could you mount skate wheels parallel to the X axis in the Y axis mounts, then rotate them equally to move the piece left and right? You would need the piece to be heavy, or vacuumed down perhaps, though.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.