Marcos 4×4 Work In Progress…

New Home Forum Mostly Printed CNC – MPCNC Troubleshooting – MPCNC Marcos 4×4 Work In Progress…

This topic contains 43 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Vincent Pollaro 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • Author

Marcos
    Participant

Hello Guys, I almost have my 4×4 MPCNC ready.

Buy everything in the vicious store, I have a laptop with windows 10, I followed the instructions to the letter.

My problem lies in one of the Nema 17 engines of the Y axis. The movement of the shaft does not work, and probe changing the wiring for a new one that I buy here on the page …it only moves on the X axis

Did someone have a similar problem? It’s like the engine was dead.

something else, I have an LCD with card input, as I can add it to the board, so everything is handled from the controller and I do not use the PC.

Thanks

• This topic was modified 3 weeks, 2 days ago by  Marcos.
    • This topic was modified 2 weeks, 1 day ago by  Marcos.

Ryan
    Keymaster

What control board?

That is a different LCD you will need to edit the firmware to use it.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Marcos
    Participant

Hi Ryan , the board is RAMP 1.4 /  DRV8825 drivers .

Jeffeb3
    Participant

Did the other Y axis motor still work? Have you tried plugging it into another port, to see if it’s the drv8826 or the motor? Don’t swap the cables while it’s powered.

Marcos
    Participant

Thank you very much, all the engines are running. I had to change one, it did not work.

My problem now arose with the Repetier-Host “, I charge the G code that I export using Estlcam \ V10, I give it to print and nothing happens.
    The machine does not move, it connects but it does not move.

Connect it to the Estlcam and it works, it moves correctly.
    but nothing happens with the Repetier

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 1 day ago by  Marcos.

Jeffeb3
    Participant

EstlCAM can’t connect to Marlin, so it sound like you programmed the Arduino with the EstlCAM software. You will either need to program the Arduino with the Marlin software or use EstlCAM to run the job. Repetier only connects to 3d printer software like Marlin.

Marcos
    Participant
    Thanks for your time. Estlcam, I really like it is very intuitive and it looks very complete for the ability I have now.

Try all night to send a job from my PC to the Mpcnc using it … I could not … I do not see where it says to launch the work …
    I read all this post. Very good…

https://www.vicious1.com/forum/topic/estlcam-with-experimental-arduino-mega2560-ramps-1-4-support/page/9/

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 1 day ago by  Ryan.
    Attachments:

Ryan
    Keymaster

I highly recommend you do it this way.

Software

The “first use” paragraph, gives a complete walk through.  You will need to put my firmware back on though, since you have probably flashed the board without knowing it.

Marcos
    Participant

I’m following everything as it says, I do not know where I’m failing.

vicious1.com/marlin-firmware/

Arduino: 1.8.4 (Windows 10), Board: “Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)”

C:\Users\MCana\Downloads\MPCNC813_GLCD\MPCNC813_GLCD\MPCNC813_GLCD.ino:45:110: fatal error: U8glib.h: No such file or directory

#include <U8glib.h> // library for graphics LCD by Oli Kraus (https://github.com/olikraus/U8glib_Arduino)

^

compilation terminated.

exit status 1
    Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560.

This report would have more information with
    “Show verbose output during compilation”
    option enabled in File -> Preferences.

Attachments:

Ryan
    Keymaster

You missed the first two steps on my firmware page that have pictures. You did not install the ug8lib.

Firmware

Marcos
    Participant

Now try as it says following all the steps, keep sending me the same ERROR.

However I could download and load the Marlin 1.6 without any problem, connect it to the repetier and send it a G file, it worked more or less well, it moves like a 3D printer, using the Z axis.

Ryan
    Keymaster

Not ug82…The one under it. Look at the steps one more time.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 5 days ago by  Ryan.

Marcos
    Participant

Ok, thank you very much, I’m an idiot, i look, but I did not see.
    Apologies. It’s working, now the problem I have is that I run out of space on the board as I can eliminate space or delete everything from the board in order to load what I’m missing

Attachments:

Ryan
    Keymaster

Scroll up, that is then end of an error message, you have only used 40% of free mem. That is how it looks when it is successful. I don’t know what the error is. Have you tried it does it work?

Marcos
    Participant

SUCCESS !!!!!!

I go straight to the machine to test if it works

Attachments:

Marcos
    Participant

already working and loading the codes, the problem I have now is that it moves from the work area, I travel from the center to a corner, and started working in that area.

Ryan
    Keymaster

Reset the arduino after you have placed the head and before you hit start.

Marcos
    Participant

I appreciate the time you take to respond.

I’m having the following problem, in Repetier, when I want to position my head, it just lets me move a few millimeters for one side, but then it does not let me return, or it just lets me return the same amount that I moved to the other side.
    I can not use the entire space ….

Attachments:

Marcos
    Participant

I reloaded the firmware, but this time the, MPCNC813_GLCD_T8,
    Something improved, I can control the machine.
    My problem now is that the z axis, when moving does not rise, continues cutting until the drawing begins.
    Following tutorials to see what I find …

I would like to know how to position a table and frame those measurements to cut inside it.

Ryan
    Keymaster

Be safe, use a pen not a power tool until the machine works as you expect.

To me it looks like you have CAM issues. Follow my tutorials and make sure everything works as it should. I include gcode to compare to. It should be identical. All cuts can be simulated with a pen, at the bare minimum use foam not wood, you are likely to break something this way.

Vincent Pollaro
    Participant

Are you running the T8 lead screw, or a threaded rod? Can’t tell for certain from the picture above, but if you are running the threaded rod with the T8 firmware, your steps/mm will be way off and the Z will likely look like it is not moving at all during a lift and cause the exact problem you are having with the bit dragging through the material instead of lifting and lowering to start the cut.

Marcos
    Participant

i buy everything on December 29, 2016  (vicious shop)

because labor issues this last month I could have more time and finish my MPCNC. I think my firmware is the old one, MPCNC813_GLCD , is the one that I just installed.

Apart from the repetier host, there is some more program
    CAM, to control the machine, like the mach3.

now I will keep trying to make it work soon.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 1 day ago by  Marcos.

Ryan
    Keymaster

Stick to the recommended software until we get you working correctly. Try to go out on your own using other software will only frustrate you as I will not be able to help.

Vincent Pollaro
    Participant
    I think my firmware is the old one, MPCNC813_GLCD

OK. Be sure, as in your earlier post you said you installed the T8 firmware, which would cause the Z issue you described!

I reloaded the firmware, but this time the, MPCNC813_GLCD_T8

Marcos
    Participant

Sorry, copy and paste problems.
    What I meant was that my Firmware was the new one for the T8 screw.
    But in reality, the one I need is the old for my “5/16″ Leadscrew ”
    Which I already have installed and running, fix the problem.

Now I’m focusing on fixing the cables a bit and improving the aesthetics of my machine.

In shortly i will upload a copy of my G code for a file I want to try to run.

Marcos
    Participant

ok, this is the file I’m trying to recreate, design and export from Corel in DXF. 30 x 30 centimeters.

square

Here is the G-Code

Attachments:
    1. CUADRADO.gcode

Marcos
    Participant

I placed the sharpie’s point, right where the purple X is, once started it moved to a corner, then it came back and started to run.

Jeffeb3
    Participant

How did you make the gcode? The problem is definitely in the gcode.

G00 X0.0000 Y0.0000 Z0.0000
    G00 Z1.5000

;No. 1: Engraving 2
    G00 X482.7307 Y453.1098

You’ve got your origin set to the lower left corner, and you’re drawing way over at 482,453.

The process I normally take (and I assumed you were taking, because it’s pretty common) is:
    1) Make the lower left corner of the thing you’re drawing 0,0 in CAM
    2) Go to the place on the workpiece (in this case the paper) where you want the lower left corner
    3) Reset the home offsets (or just power cycle the arduino) to make the current location 0,0,0 in the firmware
    4) print/run gcode

If you want to do it they way you are (where the gcode defines where in your CNC workspace the paper is) then just remove the line G00 X0.0000 Y0.0000 Z0.0000 from the gcode.

The reason you would want to draw at 0,0,0 and reset the origin while at your workpiece is that it’s much easier to locate the paper in your workspace.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks ago by  Jeffeb3. Reason: code formatting

Marcos
    Participant

Thank you very much for the help of all, it is already working correctly.
    I have a small Z problem but it is because of the bed or the legs of the machine.

But it works. 🙂

During the test, i design a sharpie mount that is a bit more easy to use and put on.
    It goes on top of the “Ryan”  Dewalt Mount 660.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2678596

Thanks everyone for your help !!!!

shortly I will continue bothering haha ..

Marcos

Ryan
    Keymaster

The pen mount I made has a built in spring to ease the use of a pen on an non-perfect bed, and won’t mash the pen tip. That should take care of your issue.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.