Yet Another Texas Build

New Home Forum Mostly Printed CNC – MPCNC Your Builds – MPCNC Yet Another Texas Build

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Johnny Johnny 1 week ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Johnny
    Johnny
    Participant

Starting to get everything together for the MPCNC. I ordered the parts bundle and some sharp stuff from Ryan a few weeks back. Shortly after the bundle arrived my Prusa MK2S kit arrived. Got the kit assembled and it’s printing great! Very impressed with the result of this machine. I found a local supplier for the rails and put my order in today. Will go back hopefully Monday and pick it up. I was able to get 1″x.065 wall Stainless Welded and Drawn tubing. I will be building a 3’x2’x4″ working area machine. The tube cost me $163 out the door cut to length. Keeping my fingers crossed it is what I am expecting when I go pick it up. Lol. I did print one foot so I could check dimensions on the print vs the tube before I print everything out. Will keep everyone posted on the progress.

20170623_203758

Profile photo of Ryan
    Ryan
    Keymaster

So jealous of the Prusa! I need to own one, such a good choice.

Welcome to the club can’t wait to see your build and how nice the parts look off the prusa.

Profile photo of Johnny
    Johnny
    Participant

Picked up the rails at lunch today. Will get OD measurements when I get home so I can start printing and figure out what kind of size adjustments I need to make, if any. I know the connections need to be a little snug to hold the rails firmly in place.

In the mean time I’ve been testing out the Prusa to see what kind of things it can do. This R/C Spitfire XVI is coming along nicely.

20170624_171719

Profile photo of Ryan
    Ryan
    Keymaster

Whoa….amazing amazing looking prints, jeez.

Profile photo of Johnny
    Johnny
    Participant

I have been very impressed with this printer. Especially when printing at .15mm. Here are a few prints I have tried. Benchy, Squirtle, and a pony for my niece. All of them nearly perfect.

20170616_204159

20170617_160149

20170624_010509

Profile photo of Ryan
    Ryan
    Keymaster

Man, I can not believe those prints. I don’t see how any other printer company exists. This this has absolutely knocked it out of the park. I am very envious of the skill of Joseph Prusa and his team. And the price on that thing is great. all the other companies trying to charge double that and the prints get no where near this perfect.

I have a man crush….

Profile photo of Johnny
    Johnny
    Participant

I have been following some of the printers out there and some of them are really stepping up their games. Still think the Prusa is a darn good value for what you get. The CR-10 has really surprised some people. It has its quirks but at half the price of the Prusa it turns out some stellar prints. Im happy with my purchase so far and I dont anticipate that changing. Should only stay as good or get better as I learn the machine and dial in filaments.

Profile photo of Mmmfishtacos
    Mmmfishtacos
    Participant

where did you get the pony model?

Profile photo of Johnny
    Johnny
    Participant

The Pony model is on Thingiverse by the creator 3DPrintedAspie. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2316291

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Profile photo of Johnny
    Johnny
    Participant

Got a box full of parts now and the Prusa is working on the XYZ pieces now. Only things left should be the tool holder and any specific mounts I need. Which for now will be one for the 660 and then a pen holder. Eventually going to run a laser as well but will wait to see what I decide on before printing that. The early parts I printed at .2 layer height. But what you can see in these pictures is .25mm. I have done practically no tuning on this machine other than small adjustments to temps for the filament. Still very impressed with this machine.

20170714_181305

20170714_181521

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.